02 December 2010

December Daily - Days 1 & 2

Day 1
It was cold. Very cold.


We bought our house for the third time, signing papers to lock in at 4% for 20 years. Shaved 8 years off our current mortgage. A good deal.

Best quote "Mommy, she has a lot of papers." - Carter

I worked on decals that are a work of art in the bathroom upstairs. It's going to take me a few days to finish that project.



Day 2
I slept in, dropped Anna off at school, went to Starbucks, washed car and vacuummed it out. Found old popcorn, fossilized french fries, a jump rope and... surprise... $10! Got gas, headed home to shower. Got dressed and found a $1 in my pocket. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket. Then Carter helped me put Taco Soup into the crockpot.

Did the dishes and cleaned up our mess and then headed out to go shopping. Carter was surprisingly a good shopping buddy. I let him pick a toy to take. He picked a stroller and baby doll. And he pushed that stroller and baby doll everywhere. The weather was nice and I'm so sorry I didn't get a picture of him pushing his baby doll. Lots of comments and very cute. We listened to XM23 holiday music. He loved it. Until he remembered that Alvin and the Chipmunks is the movie in the DVD player in the car and then he just wanted to watch that for the millionth time. After picking up Anna we went to Target to get gifts for two of the kids for the adopted family at the daycare. While there we got new Unbreakable Christmas Ornaments - genius. So then of course, when we got home the kids wanted to put up a tree.
It's a work in progress.

Before bedtime Carter was banging two snow globes together and broke one. Those are fun to clean up. That's the second one that's broken.

I haven't uploaded or ordered pictures yet. Will probably scrap this weekend.

No comments: