10 March 2009

I believe it's jogging or yogging. it might be a soft j.

I trying this new fad called uh, jogging. I believe it's jogging or yogging. it might be a soft j. I'm not sure but apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild.

So this morning I got up and took Sonar for a 50 minute walk. I attempted jogging for about .5 mile. I used to be a runner. I ran a half marathon when I was something like 16 weeks pregnant with Anna.

Ah. And then I had kids. I've had several failed attempts to return to this once-loved-good-for-me hobby. I have high hopes that this morning-thing and the treadmill will do the trick.

The high at 6 am this morning was 65 degrees so it was really nice after it had rained all night. Except for the millions of worms that covered the road. That part was kind of gross.

Tomorrow - Candi's house for alternating treadmill and no-motor-elliptical workout of 15 minutes each. It's going to be rough getting up after the 11-hour work day I put in today.

But I'm committed.

Um. Yeah. Did I mention all of my hard work at exercising today were counteracted by my eating habits? Since we had a vendor in from out of town we went out to lunch for mexican and then dinner at The Bristol. So today I think I ate...

1 bottle (70 calories) purple G2 (gatorade)
Grande nonfat light whip white mocha from starbucks
I stared at the 9 slices of coffee cake on the conference room table for 3 hours but resisted
2 chicken and cheese enchiladas + rice + guacamole
all the chips and salsa waiting for lunch
2 diet dr peppers
I stared at the plate of cookies on the conference room table all afternoon and resisted
2 glasses of water
calamari, part of a crabcake, fried zuchinni and fried carrots appetizer sampler
2 1/2 biscuits
Mahi Mahi
Lemon-asparagus risotto
green beans
2 glasses of pinot grigio wine

Better luck tomorrow on eating.
Today's weight: 135 - sure to be 138 in a few days after all that food sinks in. it's a delayed reaction you know.

No comments: