02 June 2008

7 Years

That is how long Kevin and I have been married. Happy Anniversary (yesterday June 1st)! We had tickets to the Royals game so we celebrated by sweating with each other and the kids. Luckily the Royals won, which is quite unusual lately.

My husband is awesome.

He mows the grass.
He plants a garden.
He built me an entertainment center I love to look at every night.
He makes dinner.
Sometimes he does laundry and dishes.
He takes turns with me putting Anna to bed.
He'll help Anna at baseball practice and teach her how to not throw like a girl.
He takes me out to dinner for adult conversation and drinks when we don't have the kiddos.
He knows not to talk to me in the morning. I don't do mornings.
He lets me have an obsession with starbucks.
He replaces light bulbs which I could never reach.
He loves me unconditionally.
He's a great dad.
He buys me lots and lots of cute shoes.

Love you baby!

Overall we've been together 11 years. I feel very old. Our gifts to each other will be items for the house. Now I know I'm old :) The traditional gift for 7 years is wool (or bronze or copper or some metal I don't recall) so it was Kevin's idea to get new wool rugs for the house.

Oh, did I mention the best thing about my husband - he's great with gifts and he loves to give them!

No comments: