26 August 2007

Playing time is 45 to 90 minutes

Sorry for the hiatus. We took a weekend trip to see my inlaws. It's one of the few places in the world that still only has dial-up and I would have slit my wrists if I even tried so I just suffered through internet withdrawal for a few days.

My brother-in-law and his fiance were also in town to visit, which made it really nice. The four of us played a game of Settlers of Catan which is a German board game. I ALMOST won. I just needed one more point. My future sister-in-law won instead, which was just as good because it meant the boys lost.

I notice the description says playing time is 45 to 90 minutes. This does not factor in beer, mixed drinks and several bottles of wine. I think we played for 3 hours or more. Baaaaaaaaahhh.

It was a quick trip, driving down Friday night and leaving this morning to get back in time to go to the Royals game.

I'm exhausted and for the first time since Thursday I don't have to share a bedroom with two kids and two dogs, in addition to my husband.

Today Tassie Ate:
dog food

At first we thought she met a porcupine on the farm this morning but after Kevin plucked two sharp items from her nose we decided she had just found the cactus. She didn't even seem to notice she had two spiky things sticking out of her nose. What? There's something on my nose? Really? Where?

No comments: