28 January 2009

25 Random Things About Me

1. I used to win ribbons for my gymnastics (floor work only) when I was in 3rd grade. Then I hurt my knee and I've never been able to go back. I'm glued to the TV when Olympics gymanstics is on. And I still think of those gymanstics meets at the gym at William Jewell that my mom would take me to and sit through all those other kids just to watch me.

2. My dream job is to be a backup dancer for Britney Spears. I'm obsessed with her. So much so that I don't want to be her I just want to be one of her backup dancers.

3. I'm a die hard Royals fan. We've had season tickets to 20 games for many years now. In the past we have always done this with another couple, various couple friends over the years. This year we're on our own. Just me Kevin and the kiddos. They love it. And they are really great at the games. People always ask me how I get them to sit there that long. I feed them constantly. What can I say? My kids take after me and they love to eat. Carter's been singing Take Me Out to the Ball Game for the last few weeks. I'm counting down to opening day. And I"m excited they signed Zack Grienke to a 4 year deal.

4. I managed sending almost 7 million emails in December. My husband calls me a spammer. I call it email marketing. What? If you sign up it's not spam!

5. I'm addicted to Starbucks - grande nonfat light whip white mocha. No seriously. I'm friends with one of my baristas on facebook and we email back and forth. When I was pregnant with Carter, my second, she was pregnant with her first. Long story short she was the first person I told that I was preggers again, other than my husband, I think only because it was weird that I ordered decaf that day and she did a double take. Turns out we were due something like 2 days apart and both had boys via c-sections. Ok I'll stop there.

6. I love Mexican food. But not with my Starbucks.

7. I was a cheerleader in highschool. And in college. One year at UMKC for Roos basketball. I even got a scholarship for that. All of the other girls thought I was shy because they had cheered together before so they had a clique going and I just didn't know when to interject. This is funny to me now.

8. I hope my kids have as good of a relationship with each other as me and my brothers do.

9. I loved dogs until I had kids. Now they are just more work. But someday I'll have a Golden Retriever.

10. I watch the Amazing Race, American Idol, The Office. I like to quote The Office in my Friday morning meetings at work. Sometimes our CEO sounds just like Michael Scott.

11. I love the internet and I'm so glad I get to use it all day for my job. We're encouraged to be on facebook, twitter, blogging, etc. I can consume a lot of information at once. But I'm really impatient when it's slow. I also hate it when something is underlined online but it's not a link. It's a weird pet peeve I have.

12. I'm an excellent multi-tasker but with each kid I find I have to write things down more or I forget. They suck your brain cells.

13. I still consider myself a runner even though I haven't run in four years. I still wish I could find a way to get back into it. Someday.

14. I won the Opal Heatherly writing award my senior year in highschool for creative writing. I'd like to get back to writing more.

15. My current creative outlet is scrapbooking. I love to scrapbook pictures of my kids.

16. I don't like people who don't work hard or aren't resourceful. If you could find it if you tried why should I find it for you?

17. I used to work at J. Riggings, J. Crew and Abercrombie and Fitch. I can fold a sweater with a paper insert, space hangers evenly and make a mean poplin wall. I met one of my best friends working in retail.

18. I'm not naturally blonde anymore. But I'm still blonde. And it's true, we do have more fun.

19. I hate the cold. HATE IT. I also hate static electricity.

20. I wish I could be tan without getting cancer or orange hands.

21. I worry that my dad will lose his job. I remember when this happened when I was in 6th grade and my mom had to go back to work full time. I remember watching my parents balance the checkbook at the dining room table and my dad looking for work for more than six months until he got another job.

22. I was in the business fraternity at UMKC - Delta Sigma Pi. But other than that I was a GDI.

23. I went to Northwest Missouri State University for one year.

24. I am a Google Adwords Qualified Individual.

25. I love that I am off every Thursday because it means I never have to work more than 3 days in a row. I love the Thursdays when I take my one of my kids to do something special so they get some mommy time.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I had no idea about #1, I used to do that too :)