24 April 2010

A Week in the Life - Saturday

Saturday mornings Candi and I usually run with a group but today's group run was far away and we needed to be done early so we decided to run a route around her neighborhood which is about 5.5 miles to get in at least 10 miles. This will allow us to stop and get a drink half way through.

We start at 5:30 am. It is really humid and a rather tough run. There are a lot of bugs. Candi had some knee pain around 8 miles. We are glad to be done.

Afterwards I get some coffee. Shower. Go get a pedicure and manicure. 10:30 am I call my mom to see when she wants to meet up to hand off the kids. I head over to a mall to finish the items on my shopping list that I didn't get to on Thursday. I meet up with Candi.

Noon my parents and my brother Ben meet us at the mall and we all have lunch at Nordstrom's Cafe. Yum. They have the best tomato soup. I am starving because I haven't eaten anything since my banana at 5:15 am so I have pasta with chicken and asparagus. Anna gets grilled cheese with tomato soup. Carter gets a turkey sandwich and mostly eats the fruit, bread and chips.




I find another hat at Macy's for $27. And clutch at Banana Republic that I use a gift card to buy.


It is raining again now. We leave and get wet. Again. We've had over 2 inches of rain.

We all head to Michael's to get ribbon and flowers to decorate our hats. Then Candi takes Alex to head home. I take the kids to Target to get a birthday gift for Alex. I find the cutest hot pink patent leather clutch to go with a dress and pink shoes I have. $16 what a deal. We get a snack on the way out.


We come home and wrap the gifts. 4:15 pm - I put on a movie and tell the kids it is "rest time." I lay down to rest and end of falling asleep. Kevin is off helping Sam replace all of the appliances in their kitchen.

5:45 I wake up to the phone ringing. Kevin is still working on the appliances but they are about done. Candi suggests we order pizza. They all head over and I order pizza. I discover Carter rinsed his teeth upstairs when I fell asleep. Then he sprayed some room spray. Reminder to self - do not leave Carter unattended. I let my fatigue get to me and feel like I was a horrible parent by falling asleep.

We all eat pizza. 7:40 pm I put Carter to bed. I rock him but afterwards he still fights going to bed.


Candi and I decorate our hats. Craft project. I've never bought so many fake flowers and we agree we haven't used a hot glue gun in at least three years.



----

one of the cool things about this project is that other people start to pick up the camera. kevin took several of these and candi took the one of me rocking Carter. I am so thankful for this. I have been much better about appearing in my Week in the Life documentation this time around. I am working on getting over the fact that I don't think I look my best in some of these, but this is the everyday me so I tell myself I need to let it be :)

No comments: