04 October 2008

Saturday
























Today I took the most pictures of any day this week. I guess that isn't surprising since it was Saturday.

Today I took the kids to the zoo. Since I work nearly full time Saturday is really their "mommy day." We did good, getting there before 10:30. Sponge Bob Square Pants was there and he was our first stop. Which was a good thing because later the line was super long. We got to see the elephants paint and the kids ate sno cones. We went all the way to the back to see the Chimps and not a single one was out. Carter kept calling "mun-hee!" (translation monkey!). The weather was beautiful.

We left about 2:15 and all came home and all took a nap. Kevin thinks this is ridiculous but we were all exhuasted. Anna and I woke up about 4:45 and Carter about 5:15.

Anna and I went to the grocery store and picked up stuff to make home made cheeseburgers. Then I played outside with the kids while Kevin cooked. And it was delicious.

Anna had to call grandma and papa and also talk to uncle zach and aunt kristin. She is really in to dialing and talking on the phone.

The kids got baths to wash off all the sunscreen and Anna chose to read Curious George and the Donut Delivery which is probably only my 6th time to read that this week. I almost have it memorized and it's kind of a long book.

Tonight he is watching the MU football game and I am blogging and trying to plan my day for tomorrow. Plus did dishes and more laundry. One week I counted how many loads I do in a week. It is somewhere between 7 and 10 depending on if I was sheets and towels. This is a lot when you consider we have a High Efficency washing machine (how does anyone live without one? seriously) It cuts the # of loads in at least half. So if I didn't have that you can say I do between 14 and 20 loads - for all of you with a normal washer. It's my biggest deterrent for buying new clothes and for having a third child.

I'm also trying to plan my supplies for pulling this book together quickly yet still up to my standards. I'm pretty picky about my scrapbook pages but I do get that the fastest way to do these is to come up with a template and stick with it. I really like Ali's digital overlays but I don't have a color printer to use these. Considering getting one but don't want to make the purchase just for this. Would I use it more? Not sure.

No comments: