03 October 2008

Friday

Every Friday at work my day starts the same. We have a weekly internal scheduling meeting at 9:30.

This is usually followed by what I called DEGed, internal training of sorts, which usually lasts until 11:30. We didn't have the second meeting today so we were done early. At 1 I decided to have lunch from the cafe in our building. I usually get the grilled chicken wrap. Had a hard time deciding on which chips because they were out of Krunchers. I got Sour Cream and Onion Lays.

On Friday afternoons we have a "Jam Out" ritual where my cube-mate Ramsey plays music (he's a dj in his other life) and we rock out, trying to stay awake and pump up for the weekend.

After work I headed to my parents house to pick up the kids. I ate dinner there tonight because Kevin is working the football games. Here is papa carrying Anna out to the car.

Here is Carter once we got home.

Then we did the nightly ritual of flossing (ever since we found out Anna has a cavity) followed by brushing (the parent does this) followed by a drink followed by rinsing.

Then a book. No idea why she picked a potty training book. She's been potty trained for over a year.

Then she asked me to lay in bed with her. This is so hard because I don't like to set a precedent of laying down with her. Give her an inch and she'll take a mile and expect it every other night always. But I also think that she won't always want me to lay with her and what is the harm in the big picture. So we laid together for awhile. Tassie came up and peaked in the room. I could see her shadow in the darkness. Then she came right up to the bed and poked her face in Anna's. That gave us the giggles and we laughed for awhile as Tassie looked for trouble and then gave up and left.

I was sooooo sleepy today. Started off with Starbucks, still felt sleepy, had another cup of coffee at work and a donut. Then felt jittery, like I'd had too much caffeine. So I ate lunch with a diet dr pepper. after that I just felt like I couldn't wake up. I had two reese's peanut butter cups to try to get another sugar pep.

I'm sure it was because I was just staring at logged hours, looking at every email we'd sent over the last month and making sure we'd billed for every minute we can. Yawn. So boring. I hate billing. So does my cubemate. So we had a "we hate billing. with a passion. is it 5 yet? can we go home now" afternoon. Bleh.

Tomorrow morning we are going to the zoo. I'm taking the kids by myself which is a first. Sponge Bob Square Pants is supposed to be there, along with some Halloween/fall fun. Anna is super excited about SBSP.

She was asking me how he got out of the water to go to the zoo. And would Patrick be there. Very cute.

No comments: