18 September 2008

The Secret to Working Full Time, Raising Two Kids and Keeping a House

I know my last post was Anna exhausted, now I'm exhausted. I got up at 5:40 this morning to leave the house by 6:40 and drop the kids off at daycare before 7 and then head to the office. I had to be there by 8 and for some reason even though it only takes me 35 minutes to get there when I leave at 8:25 it takes over an hour if I want to be there by 8. Freakin rush hour. Luckily I planned for time to stop at Starbucks and after the meeting Neal stopped at QT to get more coffee. And yes, technically Thursday is my day off but this was the only day the client could meet so I'll probably just take off an hour or two early Friday.

My neighbor who is a SAHM (stay at home mom for those of you who don't have kids) told me she has no idea how I do it (working and raising two kids). I told her the secret answer is lots and lots of Starbucks. And that my house is a complete disaster. Which was driving me crazy this evening so I spent a lot of time trying to clear the damn kitchen island with mail piled up from Vegas and art from daycare, empty a suitcase, move laundry around so the kids have pants to wear tomorrow and do the dishes. Thankfully my lovely lovely husband threw together a wonderful dinner of goat cheese stuffed chicken.

No comments: