21 June 2009

Kidney Stone Update

Wednesday afternoon I had lithotripsy to basically sandblast the kidney stone that was 7mm x 3.5 mm. My hip is bruised and the first layer of skin was kind of raw in a small spot but I was drugged so it didn't hurt too much at the time.

Afterwards I was really sick. Super nauseaus in the recovery room. For 2 1/2 hours. Everyone else in there was annoying the hell out of me. Some guy was supposed to eat so they were talking about all this food. yogurt, ice cream, steak, baked potatoes. I wanted to throw up all over him. Another woman had just had a hysterectomy and kept moaning. I wanted them to put her out of her misery. They gave me some anti-nauseau medicine but it didn't do anything. I drank one sip of sprite and threw up what clear liquids were left in my stomach, which wasn't much. The room was spinning. I was so sick I couldn't turn my head left or right or look slightly up or down. It was awful. Finally something stronger made me not so sick to my stomach.

Then I basically fell asleep in the car on the way home. Kevin moved me to the couch and then to bed. I woke up feeling ok and went to work all day Thursday to kick off a big new project.

I don't feel like I've passed anything. Last night (Saturday) was the worst I'd felt since last Sunday but it was much more manageable than last week so I took a pain pill and it seemed to go away. It is still achy today. I go back to the doctor in about 10 days to see if it is gone.

No comments: