15 December 2008

Do you have a lot of birthdays in December?

Wow has it really been that long since I wrote something? Where have I been all this time?

Thursday my mom and I took Anna to see Seussical. Her first play. It was very entertaining. Cute show with cute lyrics and lots of music.

Friday I went to dinner with Lisa who was in town for www.kcsweaterparty.com. I didn't go to the party because I was exhausted and feeling really behind on all the Christmas hoopla.

Saturday while Kevin was hunting my mom came over and we hung all those pictures I framed. I had attempted to do this by myself and realized it was not a good idea. Kevin might have divorced me if we tried to do that together. Would you believe on Sunday my calves were sore from going up and down the stairs so many times? That's really sad. Really out of shape. I told Kevin maybe he should get me a treadmill for Christmas.

I also got the tree up on Saturday. Finally. We hung the non-breakable ornaments, started with the breakables and Anna broke the first one. I decided to hold off on those until they are asleep and I'll hang them up high.

Sunday morning Tassie somehow managed to get all the way behind the tree and then realized she might not be able to get back out. It was early and Kevin was still sleeping and I seriously had visions of the whole thing flipping over. Somehow, miraculously she squirmed her way out.

I then went shopping with Candi in an attempt to buy some presents before the weather freaked out. It started out as 61 and ended up at 16 in the afternoon. It is now frigidly cold. Have I mentioned how much I hate the cold? Is it May yet?

All this time Anna has been praciticing her songs for the Christmas play. She knows more words than I do, and songs I've never even heard of. It's all about baby Jesus. They are having a Christmas party on Friday at daycare. There is a list of treats you can sign up for. I signed up for pink lemonade. One of her teachers then proceeded to tell me she's baking two birthday cakes. To which I actually said, Oh, do you have a lot of December birthdays? And she said "It's Jesus' birthday". Right. She must thing I'm a moron. Or an atheist. If I got to pick I'd hope she just thinks I'm an atheist.

Today I finally ordered my Christmas cards. Right on top of things.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Don't feel bad--I just ordered my christmas cards...I'm just as behind as you!