06 September 2010

Labor Day Weekend - Sunday: Santa-Cali-Gon-Days

On Sunday I took the kids to the carnival in Independence with my parents. We had never been to the Santa-Cali-Gon-Days festival before. They had a ton of rides. Anna was all about it - riding front and center on the roller coaster. Carter rode one ride and had no interest in any of the others that I couldn't go on. He was pretty fussy all weekend and eating a lot. I think he's having a growth spurt.
(Today we realized we actually had tickets to the Royals game yesterday. Oops. Oh well. The kids probably had more fun here.)

That night Kevin and I planned a date night. My parents kept the kids and we went out to dinner at a sushi restaurant called Ra at the new Park Place Plaza. It was delish. You have to get the Viva Las Vegas roll, it's the best.


Then we headed to the theater. We tried to find a liquor store on the way to put some $2 alcohol in our $5 soda but then realized it was Sunday and we were in Kansas and there was no place to buy any. We had planned to see The American. We got there 30 minutes before the show and everything starting in the next hour was sold out. Well everything except Machete which Kevin said I wouldn't like.

So we went hope and ironically watched Date Night on DVD. I was entertained but Kevin thought it was boring. We got to make our own drinks. I slept so hard that I didn't even hear the phone ring the next morning at 9 am when my mom called to meet me to hand off the kids.

No comments: