20 September 2010

Oops. Got a little behind.

Oops, I am way behind in posting. Going to try to catch up!

Last week I was in Indianapolis for the annual ExactTarget user conference. Lots of late nights, lots of networking, lots of learning, lots of meetings, lots of eating, not a lot of sleeping.

For those of you who don't know what I do, and care, ExactTarget is the software that we resell at my company. It is an email service provider (ESP) that sends email marketing campaigns.

My team configures accounts/clients on the platform, and then creates and manages all of the sends for those clients. My team also leads the strategic ideas (what emails to send, why, when, how often, etc.) We try to make them relevant to you, by asking you what you want and tailoring content based on what you click on and purchase. Because god knows we all get enough email. My husband calls me a spammer, but in my mind it's not spam if you signed up for it.

Anyways, here is a link to a video of one of our graphic designers speaking at the conference last week about some testing we did for Helzberg Diamonds. It is a little long and most of you probably don't care, but if you do, or you're bored and have 6 minutes to kill, there you go.

They have you going from 8 am until 1am at the conference every day. On Monday night there was a Monday night football party where Julie, Megan and I played the Wii they had setup.


On Tuesday we heard Sir Richard Branson speak.



On Tuesday night we had dinner at a museum.


On Wednesday night we went to a train concert and then hosted an after-party. (this is pre-show from the private VIP balcony area)


When I got home from my trip on Thursday night I had notes on my bathroom mirror. Too cute.

I missed them and they missed me too.

No comments: