15 February 2009

Today was a good day

I had a nice Valentine's day yesterday, getting chocolate covered strawberries and a pajama-gram.

Today was a good day. Carter and Anna were exceptionally well behaved. Better than usual. I took them to lunch at Jason's Deli by myself. How do other people handle this? I got them settled at the table and then went to get my drink and salad bar by myself. I could still see them the whole time but I feel like I shouldn't be that far away from them. But it's almost worse when they are supposed to be standing by me because they walk around and stray and it was super busy and I was afraid 1) they'd get knocked over and 2) they walk away. At least if they are sitting they are not moving. And they did awesome sitting and eating quietly.

Next we met some friends at Paradise Park. I ended up buying a season pass. If we go about 5 times in a year it pays for itself and I think we go that much anyway. And we'd probably go more if it was "free." The kids adore that place and it's a great way for them to burn energy, especially when it's too cold to go outside, or raining. I like that place because everyone gets a wristband and they don't let the kids out unless their bands match the adult's. So I feel safe that even if I lost one in there they would still be in the building. This is unlike Tunnel Town where you can easily lose a child in the tunnels and they could just walk out the front door, or someone could take them. Tunnel Town is fine when you have a 1-1 ratio of adults to kids. But try watching two kids go two different ways in those tunnels that are not see-through and you can quickly lose both. Anyway, it was great to see Kim and her kids. Although the two of us were so tired we hardly spoke :) We should have hit Starbucks before we showed up there.

After 2.5 hours at Paradise Park we braved a trip to Old Navy because Carter needed socks. They have an extra 50% off all clearance items. I got some PJs for Anna for $3. Insane! The line was super long to checkout. The kids were pretty tired by this point but they sat so quietly in the cart. I ended up buying Carter the toy football he'd been playing with from there while we shopped just because he was so good waiting so long to checkout.

But I've screwed up Carter's schedule now. He fell asleep on the way home from Old Navy and slept while Anna and I grocery shopped. I woke him for dinner. Baths. Put him back to bed but now he's crying... MOOOMMMMM-EEEEEEEE. MOOOOMMMMMM-EEEEEEEE. Waaaaaaahhhhhh.

So I guess I better go rock my baby.

No comments: