02 January 2011

Eating Healthy

Well, simply put, my pants don't fit. I realized this a week ago when I had a really bad Monday. It was at that moment I made the decision. No more Starbucks. No more sweets. Limited carbs and red meat. More exercising. And after a week I can say I've stuck to it (minus my New Year's Eve dinner date with my hubby).

My meal plan for dinners is on the right. Lots of seafood. Steamed veggies for sides or brown rice.

Monday's plan:
Breakfast is light yogurt (100 calories) with 1/4 cup granola (120 calories)
coffee with cream (~50 calories)
= 270 calories


Lunch is a salad
Butter lettuce (who counts lettuce? but I think it's 10 calories)
Handful sharp cheddar cheese (110 calories)
1/4 cup cucumber (8 calories)
4 cherry tomatoes (~15 calories?)
croutons (60 calories)
1/2 cup roatisserie chicken (~150 calories?)
light asiago parmesan balsamic vinegrate (80 calories)
= 433


snack #1
baby carrots (25 calories) + 2 tbs ranch (160 calories)
= 185 calories

snack #2
sliced apples (80 calories) + caramel light dipping sauce cup (100 calories)
= 180 calories


Dinner will be the poached salmon with tzatzaki sauce
(~ 600 calories with the sauce I think)

Total = 1668

Monday is a day off for exercise for me. But on Sunday I ran 8 miles. It was 15 degrees. I told you I was committed.

I'll let you know how it goes and if I cave for any chocolate.

No comments: