18 July 2010

Weekend Recap

Carter: "I'm going to marry mommy"
Anna: "No, you can't."
Carter: "Why not?"
Anna: "Because she will be too old for you."

Didn't do much this weekend. Ran 10 miles on Saturday morning. Got a triple shot Starbucks, came home, showered, took Anna to swim lessons, tried to make it to the end of Carter's baseball game but didn't quite get there in time. Came home, made lunch and then promptly fell asleep on the couch around 12:30. Slept for 2.5 hours and woke up around 3:00. Apparently getting up at 4:30 am three times this week finally caught up with me. I was impressed that I drank a triple shot at 8:00 am and took a 2.5 hour nap 4 hours later.

Went to Target to get a few things. Realized their toy sale is going on. Stocked up on toys for all the birthday parties the kids get invited to throughout the year. A lot are 50% off, some are only 30% off. Each of the kids got to pick one toy since I was buying a cart full and felt bad not letting them have one. Anna picked a baby doll. Really? You have a million baby dolls. Carter picked out the Toy Story inflatable pool with blow up aliens that you get to shoot with the water guns that attach to the hose. I had to admit that one was kind of cool and it was half off so it was only $15.

We grilled bratwursts and asparagus and I made macaroni and cheese with velveeta and elbow noodles. Then the kids played in the new pool which Kevin reluctantly blew up. After they came inside Anna immediately started complaining that she didn't feel well. I just thought she was tired and put their pajamas on and put them in bed. Kevin and I watched Extract. It was funny.

Fast forward to midnight and I hear Anna yelling that she threw up. I went upstairs and it was so gross. The volume was a lot. So much that it had soaked through the sheet, through the mattress pad and into the matress. I moved her to the bathroom and started to strip the bed.

I had to then move laundry around because there was a load in the washer and a load in the dryer. This was a necessity because it smelled so bad I thought I was going to throw up and there was no way I could leave it anywhere. Then I made a "bed" out of a quilt from the guest bedroom and slept on the floor in her room for the rest of the night.

That was it. It was the only time she threw up. She at toast for breakfast, spaghetti for lunch and fajitas for dinner. It was weird. It was like she had food poisoning because it came on so fast and after dinner but we all ate the same thing. I think she had a low fever when she threw up but I didn't take her temperature.

Was then lazy all day today. Did grocery shopping and that was it. Tried to get Carter to take a nap and after two hours I gave up and only made myself sleepy. Then he fell asleep on the couch watching the world news at 5:00. And woke up a monster and didn't eat dinner and is now in bed. He was a peach today.

I am surprisingly ready to go back to work tomorrow.

No comments: