28 February 2010

Just what the dr ordered

I night out all dolled up with lots of free alcohol. We went to Red Ball at the Sprint Center on Friday night. It's a benefit for the American Red Cross. Then we headed across the street to Raglan Road where there was an eighties band complete with mullets playing madonna.


left to right: me, coworkers Andrea and Lauren, Emily (coworker Kevin's girlfriend), coworker Julie






The night ended with a trip through the Taco Bell drive thru where we learned they were out of beans and it would take 20 minutes to make more. Really? 1. How does Taco Bell run out of beans and 2. Why does it take 20 minutes to heat them up? They must come frozen or something. We had a good laugh because Kevin had ordered a bean burrito and when forced to change is order he froze.

I had actually eaten chicken fingers at the bar before we left so I wasn't really hungry. Then Taco Hell. The next morning Kevin and I went to IHOP and I had a ham and cheese sandwich, then I ate some leftover pizza late in the afternoon and laid down for a nap.

Needless to say when we woke up my stomach did not feel right. Lots of tums.

I spent yesterday all day with the kids at Paradise Park and that felt good to spend some time with them.

Today I took a five mile run with Tassie outside. That felt really good too.

And I haven't opened my work email all weekend. It's going to suck tomorrow but it has helped clear my mind.

No comments: