28 January 2010

I would not recommend

any of the new recipes I made this week. Especially not the Jambalaya. It tasted what I think cat food would taste like. We ate frozen pizza instead. I love the idea of a crockpot dinner - coming home and just eating - but to be honest I only have one, maybe two recipes I would make again. And I really don't understand the ones that you cook everything in the morning and put it in the crockpot to sit hot all day. By the time I'm done cooking it I could eat it, why wouldn't I just cook it when I get home so it's not all mushy?

I moved my desk today at work. This is the fifth different desk I've had in the six years I've worked there. This one will last me about 6-8 weeks and then I get to move to a new space we are acquiring upstairs of our current office. I've found it's good for me to move every year. It forces me to throw away crap I don't need to be keeping.

My back right side has been hurting more and more this week. Sometimes it hurts through to the front right side. It is aches and pains from where I had the two lithotripsy procedures last summer. It has bothered me since about six weeks after the last procedure. They said it would go away over time but this week it has been almost constant during the day and sometimes very sharp and more painful. I'm sort of in denial but it is getting closer to where I can't be. I don't have the energy to deal with this right now so I'm putting it off until it hurts more. But inside I think something is not right.

2 comments:

Brian said...

We make slow cooker recipes semi-regularly. It works well when Anna works since she doesn't haven't time to make anything and I'm still at work.

Tonights meal is quickly becoming one of our most favorite slow cooker recipes, Pork and Edamame Soup. It has asian seasonings. You do have to brown the pork at the start, but thats the only thing you have to cook before putting it in the slow cooker.

If you're interested let us know and we can send you the recipe.

Carolyn said...

I've had that jambalaya before and I'm a jambalaya fan, but it was yucky! Sorry I didn't see that before so I could warn you...