17 November 2007

Blackout

No, I haven't blacked out but I did realize it's been about awhile since I did a post.

So it's been almost a month since the release of Blackout by Britney Spears and as a fan I thought I'd provide my review, song by song.

Gimme More
You know this one by now. It' my ringtone although I plan to upgrade to Toy Soldier when it's available.

Piece of Me
At first this was my least favorite song. But after listening a few times I enjoy this track just for the lyrics. Now if you can get past the fact that most of the lyrics on the album are cheesy.

I’m Mrs. Lifestyles of the rich and famous
(You want a piece of me)
I’m Mrs. Oh my God that Britney’s Shameless
(You want a piece of me)
I’m Mrs. Extra! Extra! this just in
(You want a piece of me)
I’m Mrs. she’s too big now she’s too thin
(You want a piece of me)

But honey, I hate to break it to you, you are not too thin right now.

Radar
A forgettable track.

Break the Ice
One of the top 3 songs on the album. Leaked under the title "Been Awhile" this song reminds me a little bit of Early Mornin' and Showdown from the In The Zone album.

Heaven on Earth
Leaked under the title "Your..." I like this one after the first 20 seconds.

Get Naked (I Got a Plan)
Keep laughing, it's worth a good laugh. The song doesn't live up to it's title. Sorry Best Week Ever, I know you were hoping to use this as your background music. Danja is featured on this track and the beat is pretty good but it's just boring to me.

Freakshow
Skip. Sorry again Best Week Ever.

Toy Soldier
Hands down the best track on the album. It should be her next release, right before the holidays. A hot video complete with sexy toy soldiers doing synchronized dancing is on my Christmas list.

Even though it's super cheesy I find myself ROCKING OUT to this song on my way in to work.

When I shut the door leaving with my bag, hit the scene in my new wagon
Bet he gonna wish he knew the type of fun I'm getting into,
Peek a boo, he good...doing things you wish you could,
He's not talking, he's just walking like them city boys from New York

This time I need a soldier, a really bad ass soldier
That know how to take, take care of me
I'm so damn glad that's over
This time I need a soldier, I'm sick of toy soldiers
(I need ....i'm so sick of...toy soldiers...)
A boy that knows how to take care of me,
Won't be just coming over...


Hot As Ice
Like Piece of Me, I didn't like this one at first, but now I find it kind of catchy.

'Cause I'm (oooh) cold as fire baby, hot as ice
If you've ever been to heaven, this is twice as nice
I'm cold as fire baby, hot as ice
If you've ever been to heaven, this is twice as nice
Break it down, break it down, break it down
Break it down, break it down, break it down

Ooh Ooh Baby
You'll feel dirrrrty singing along. The most hysterical lyrics on the album, but the music is good so you have to listen. And sing along. Without the kids in the car. It's in my top 5 for the album.

The way you smile, the way you taste
You know I have an appetite for sexy things
All you do is look at me, it's a disgrace
What's running through my mind is you,
Up in my face
yeah, yeah

Your voice is like music to my ears,
Whisper softly and the world just disappears
Take me higher and just wipe away my fears,
If you're with me
Oh boy, it's my heart you're gonna hear

Ooh, ooh baby
Touch me and i come alive
I can feel you on my lips
I can feel you deep inside
Ooh, ooh baby
In your arms I finally breathe
Wrap me up in all your love
That's the oxygen I need, yeah

You're fillin me up
You're fillin me up
You're fillin me up
You're fillin me down
You're fillin me up
You're fillin me up with your love

The more you move,
The more I dance
It's like you got me hypnotized
I'm in a trance
Your jersey fits
It's right at home, between my hands
And now I hope you know that I'm
Your biggest fan
yeah, yeah

Perfect Lover
Leaked early under the name this one is worth listening to and also reminds me of the In the Zone style.

Why Should I Be Sad
I think this is a stab at K-Fed, but sorry sweetie, I don't think this one is going to have him crying in his room. Maybe if you didn't show your cha cha to everyone and fail your drug test you could say you were moving on, but K-Fed has taken the high rode on this breakup.

They couldn't believe I did it
But I was so committed
My life was so restricted for you
I just told them set of lies
Couldn't see what's on inside
Thought there'd be real panic for you

Exchanged my vows
And said it all
Woman, let's prepare to fall
Even, screaming did it for you
(Remember it?)

My friends said you would play me
But I just said they're crazy
While I was crying, praying
Was it true?

Well, should I be sad?
Heaven knows
From the stupid freaking things that you do
(Stupid freaking things)
Or should I get bad or sad
Who knows?
Just take it all
As a sign that we're through
Goodbye

It's time for me to move along
(Goodbye)
It's time for me to get it on
(OK)
I'm tired of singing sad songs
(All right)
It's time for me
(Britney, let's go)

I sent you to Vegas
With a pocket roll of paper
Don't put no ultimatiums on you
I thought what could separate us
But it just seemed to break us
Only brought the playa part of you
(Hey baby, what's your name?)

Lavish homes and fancy cars
Even got the drop Ferrari
Filled up our garage for you
Made your choice with all the teams
People let us in magazines
Tell me who'd I do that for, who?


Top 3 Tracks
1. Toy Soldier
2. Break the Ice
3. Ooh Ooh Baby

To Round Out The Top 5
4. Heaven On Earth
5. Piece of Me

Worst 3 Tracks
1. Get Naked (I Got A Plan)
2. Why Should I Be Sad
3. Freakshow

Checkout MTV's review here (I read this AFTER writing my review)

No comments: