25 September 2011

The Wedding

My cousin's wedding in Estes Park was one of the best weddings I've been to. Of course it had this gorgeous backdrop


And she was beautiful

It had a few firsts for me.

The first wedding I've been to where the bride didn't walk down the aisle to the typical wedding march. The first wedding I've been to that didn't have a flower girl or ring bearer. And the first wedding reception I've been to that had a surprise flash mob.

Surprise Flash Mob at Wedding Reception from Cara on Vimeo.


My cousin made all of the centerpieces which were very personal (she works in the film industry)

In addition to those paper flowers she also made all of the ones in this wreath

Not to mention the 100+ cupcakes she baked (the pumpkin with cream cheese icing was my favorite). She put Martha Stewart to shame.

I wore a new dress by Suzi Chin for Maggie Boutique. I had never bought this brand before. I ordered it online and it arrived the day before we left. Luckily it fit. I originally found it on Nordstrom's but then found it for half the price on Blue Fly. Ahh, the benefits of shopping on the internet if you have the time to find what you want and then search for it for cheaper. I don't think I have anything in this color but I decided I really like it.

All in all it was a nice weekend getaway.

1 comment:

destination weddings in Savannah GA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.