22 May 2008

What a weird day

I had a list of errands to do today and I got everything done but it was just a weird day.

1. Tires
I was told to get new tires before the weather got bad. Mm Hmm, I think that was in like October. of last year. I finally got around to it and it was even more depressing and horrible than I thought it was going to be. Wayyy too much money and time later I moved on.

2. Target
shave cream, sunscreen to leave at daycare, kleenex, binkys - some of our others are getting pretty old

Go to daycare to pick up kids for next errands. they were still sleeping.

3. Go to city hall and sign Anna up for baseball. I asked her last week if she wanted to do dance or baseball and she surprisingly said baseball. See dance goes through the end of june but baseball starts at the beginning of june and they overlap on times so she can only do one. not doing dance means we skip the recital at the end of the month but i'm ok with that.

Go back to daycare to pick up kids now that I let them sleep a little longer. Carter is up and we wake Anna who was surprisngly asleep. I tell her I signed her up for baseball. She proceeds to cry and cry and cry and tell me how she doesn't want to do baseball. she wants to do dance.

Unfortunately my four year old didn't go for my argument of "but last week you said you wanted to do baseball so I signed you up. Mommy paid for it so now we should do it." So I ended with "we'll talk about it later."

4. On to LabCorp to get Carter's blood drawn to get tested for allergies.
He constantly has rashes and even had some sort of reaction to ranch dressing (I know, he can't possibly be related to me after that) a few weeks ago. This was a pain. The orders had been faxed to a wrong location so they had to refax. twice. I think we were there for almost an hour after it was all done. And the drawing part was sad.

5. On to find a birthday present for Julian for his 4 year party on Saturday morning. We went to TJ Maxx but didn't find anything quite right. Then Anna proceeded to throw a huge fit in the car after she sat in Carter's seat and wouldn't move when I asked her to. I told her she might not get to go to the party.

We went home for a break. Carter stayed at home while Anna and I went to Target (yes my second visit in one day) to get his present.

Done with errands. Change kids clothes.

6. Back to daycare for their "graduation" program.
Anna's in red. Carter's in the argyle sweater vest.




Done. Dinner. Done. Baths. Done. Anna tells me she wants to do baseball instead of dance. thank god. Kids to bed. Done. Cookies and milk and blogging. Done. 'night!

Whew. One more work day and then three days off. hooray!

Little good thing for me for today: I had a good hair day.

No comments: