25 September 2011

A Month of Dinners - Day One

With my recent traveling I picked up the latest Real Simple magazine that touted it's Month of Dinners on the cover. I followed a similar article nearly 10 years ago that I loved so I was excited to try this one.

As soon as we got back from our trip to Colorado today I grabbed the preprinted grocery list and headed out. Day one is Salmon With Gingery Green Beans and Bok Choy

Real Simple is blogging about it here as well.

I would not make this recipe again. Granted I bought frozen salmon and I think that was my first mistake but the fresh salmon had all been cut up and only had ends left over that didn't look appealing. And I think I overcooked it. I drowned it in soy sauce in order to eat it. The kids wouldn't touch the vegetables. And I thought it needed a starch so I made a box of rice which was the only thing anyone ate.

Let's hope day two is better!

No comments: