16 September 2007

Look at the fuzz on a baby's ear

I read this quote today and wanted to share it with you. I think it is appropriate, since my blog is titled "The Little Things In Life."

"Consider the lilies of the field. Look at the fuzz on a baby's ear. Read in the backyard with the sun on your face. Learn to be happy. And think of life as a terminal illness because if you do you will live it with joy and passion, as it ought to be lived. " - Anna Quindlen

Yesterday Carter ate macaroni cheese for lunch and pulled pork for dinner. He is loving "real food" and doing surprisingly well considering he barely has two teeth in the front.

Today there is a "baby contest" in our city. The judging is today and the winners are announced on Thursday night which is part of the kick off for the fall festival. I don't even know what the prizes are, it doesn't even say on the entry forms, but that's ok. It is really more for fun and they have fun awards for things like "Best Smile" "Best Playoutfit" "Prettiest Eyes" etc. I've always wanted to check this out since we moved here but this will be the first year we've ever gone (to either the contest or the festival). Should be fun!

P.S. Car turned out to be an electrical thing. And that is my loose interpretation of what they told me.

No comments: